Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/3/2016 12:26:41 AM EDT
I want a more traditional looking ( yet milled ) Krink. I was planing on getting a Sam7k , cutting he back of the receiver off and welding a new under folding rear end that I've had sitting around. Is there a easier / another option to accomplish this ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure at one time CNC warrior sold a folding stock milled receiver. I don't see it on their web site anymore though. Might call them and see if they have one sitting around.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 8:39:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4_Commando] [#2]
This looks more at home than an under folder.
trunnion and work by turbothis.  I send it back to him for some refinement and to plug up the thumb safety.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
turbo is badass. He's done work for me in the past. But why plug the thumb safety?!
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
turbo is badass. He's done work for me in the past. But why plug the thumb safety?!
View Quote

I'm not gonna lie, I don't have a good reason other than I didn't like the look of it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I can understand that. I had a dream years ago to have one with the thumb safety, but one that went the proper direction. Found all the uber rare parts even. Just never got it done. I like your stye though!
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like your build , I'm going to go with a triangle folder I think and wood furniture  , just need to find a 4.5mm rear trunnion at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
K-var has stripped virgin SAM7 UF receivers in stock for $699.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GGGBeo50] [#8]
Here is my Sam7K SBR. I drilled and tapped the rear block, attached the usmachinegun folding stock kit from an old mac11 build. I have to cut the stock about 5 degrees to get the right angle for shouldering. I also just replaced the top cover with the K-var krink cover because the windage was too far off on the factory original. Next thing to do is cut the barrel back about 1.5" and modify the pinned fake brake into a comp.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I made mine into an underfolder.
I drilled the flush ground rivets out on mine and removed the rear block, welded a plug into the hole and drilled the underfolder holes.
I welded up the holes in one of the angled down milled arm stocks and redrilled to work with a set of double locking straight stock guts.

If you already have a rear stub to measure that will make things much easier. I wouldn't cut the back off and weld another piece on.

image hosting gif" />
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top