Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/21/2016 9:08:02 AM EDT
I like to think I am a reasonable guy. I have pretty reasonable expectations. Like all AK lovers, I have suffered my way through more crooked front sights and canted rear sights and crude stuff that doesnt line up than I can even recall. So I save up for months to buy the cream of the crop and have ONE nice rifle that would be quality and hopefully near perfect. So for TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS I order a factory Krink from K-VAR in the hopes that a FACTORY assembled Krink would be that gun. It finally arrived, after two months, at my dealer yesterday.

Within three seconds of picking it up I could have pitched it through the shop window. The front sight is canted at least 10 degrees left and someone at the factory had cranked the front sight post ALL the way to the right to make up for it (meaning they obviously knew it was a problem). To make matters worse, the folding stock wouldn't fold because the button was so tight I couldn't depress it, even leaning into it with both thumbs. I had to ask the shopsmith for a small rubber hammer to whack it with before it would let go. Then, once it was folded, the retaining piece that holds it in place would barely let go without reaching inside and pushing it out of the way with a good amount of force.

I'm pretty dang disappointed, and of course now I go to look up their return policy (which I assumed was like any other company) to find that they say "all firearm sales are final". Yep, should have read that before I sank two months of OT pay into the gun, I admit.

Has anyone tried to send a factory SBR back to them before or am I stuck with a $2k mistake from a company I THOUGHT made a good product? Man I'm sick about it...

If someone would just come up with a reasonably priced Krink with STRAIGHT sights....geez, is it really that hard?

Thanks to anyone who can provide any experiences to shed hope on the situation.

Kindest Regards, Stonewall 06
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll address the stock issue 1st.

That is normal, and it will wear in. I promise.

The front site issue:

As you know, it seems to be rather common issue. I agree with you that it should be as straight as possible. That being said, I don't think it's a huge issue.

While not as easy to fix as on a standard AK, it is a rather easy fix.

When I bought mine, which was built by a reputable builder, it was slightly canted also. Enough to make me unhappy with it. I found a local smith that let me

bring it buy and it took him just a few minutes to fix it.

I cannot answer your question about dealing with kvar because I've only ever bought parts from them. I can tell you, that you do have a great firearm, it just needs a wee bit of tweaking to be perfect. Don't stress too much.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Seconding that the stocks are like that.  Try pushing it "more open", and th3 button will be easy to depress.

As to the sight, you can twist the top cover to help align the sights.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the replies gentlemen. I know it shouldn't seem like a huge issue, but for two grand I'm gonna try to send it back. I have had such bad luck all around lately with quality control that I want to push the issue on this one. I guess if they won't try to fix it I will just lower my expectations and try to get it fixed somewhere else.

Oddly enough, I bought a couple of those M92's to try to make into Krinks, and although I havent touched them yet, they seem absolutely straight and true, unlike everything else I have seen. Maybe the Yugo's, of all folks, have finally gotten it right.

Again, thanks. Regards, Stonewall 06
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, sorry to hear OP.

I love Arsenal guns but yes they do have imperfection. My SGL31 (that I ordered online) had a few issues that made me unhappy with it thus I sold it. I still love Arsenal however but after that SGL31 I've alway go to my buddy's shop to hand-pick them.

Here's my 11th Arsenal AK that I acquired from my buddy's shop yesterday (at the bottom)
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
I'll address the stock issue 1st.

That is normal, and it will wear in. I promise.

The front site issue:

As you know, it seems to be rather common issue. I agree with you that it should be as straight as possible. That being said, I don't think it's a huge issue.
While not as easy to fix as on a standard AK, it is a rather easy fix.
When I bought mine, which was built by a reputable builder, it was slightly canted also. Enough to make me unhappy with it. I found a local smith that let me
bring it buy and it took him just a few minutes to fix it.

I cannot answer your question about dealing with kvar because I've only ever bought parts from them. I can tell you, that you do have a great firearm, it just needs a wee bit of tweaking to be perfect. Don't stress too much.
View Quote

Nictra has answered the stock issue correctly IMO. Regarding the canted sight - If I were in your shoes, I would contact k-var and give them the opportunity to make it right. See if they would allow for you to send photos showing the canted sight or if they had a smith that you could send it to for repairs at their expense or possibly use a smith of your choice. This may be a waste of time, but I would be willing to give it a shot. Again, give them the opportunity to make it right. If they are unwilling then there are plenty of smiths out there that can fix the issue.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
K-var and Arsenal were both pretty good about responding in time. Arsenal sent a call tag to get it repaired. I was very hopeful to get a new gun but I guess they may be able to fix it. Waiting to see what it looks like when it comes back....more to follow.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a canted front site block on an Arsenal slr107fr, emailed both kvar and Arsenal, got a repair order from Arsenal, and they corrected it. Other than the delay/hassle, it cost $20 shipping for ups to get it to them. They covered return shipping. The CS rep at kvar did tell me that if Arsenal was hesitant about taking care of the issue that I should let kvar know and they could put a friendly call in to help grease the wheels. Wasn't needed, and other than the $20, I was pretty happy with both companies CS.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I also tend to be OCD about stuff like this, especially on a $1000 gun. Nice to hear they're taking a look at it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Arsenal made it right...and then some. I am exceptionally pleased and very relieved.

First, they fixed the crooked sights. They are now near perfect.

Second, they sent a zero target showing that they took the time to adjust the windage and elevation to get a group on paper, very nicely done.

Third, they fixed the folding stock. It is now very functional and opens and closes easily.

Finally, they did all this within a week and turned it around, and included two 30 round mags to make up for my troubles.

I am very, very pleased and wanted to make sure I closed out this thread with a happy ending.

Many thanks to both K-Var (who was very helpful during the process) and Arsenal.

Regards, Stonewall 06

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I am glad to here Arsenal is taking  care of business.  Congrats on the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:10:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ghoul] [#11]
ARSENAL, is great on warranty work.

I had a problem with my SLR106UR, I maxed out the windage on the front sight and it still wasn't hitting point of aim. they made it right, without any excuses, run arounds etc..

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:33:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

Here's my 11th Arsenal AK
http://i.imgur.com/GoVdvqD.jpg
View Quote

You have a problem my friend, that and Corps pays you too much

Z
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:54:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pogmothoin] [#13]
the question is why does it go out the door that way?  have they no shame?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#14]
What's the barrel twist ratio on factory krinks? Same as a mil spec or is it a cut down SLR 104?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Holy zombie thread Batman!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Meh, only two years for a resurection.   I've been in ones that were replied to after 4-5 years.  
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top