Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2016 4:23:36 PM EDT
Good evening gets,

I have a 86 tula krink build that has been sitting at my brother's house. I am in the process of picking a builder and sending it off, but then realized I have no clue what all I need to do, to ship something like this. The kit is all completely in pieces, I have a blank receiver and blue jacket barrel with it. I guess my question is, do i have to ship it as a "firearm"...do i include a copy of my trust/tax stamp to the shop I send it to? how do they ship it back (FFL im assuming?) ...all these little steps I need to do to cover my ass.

I apologize if this is a stupid question. I'm currently overseas and don't have internet all the time to really do the research.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#1]
it depends on how you're going to build it up, as a rifle or an SBR. I'm going to assume SBR since you mentioned paperwork.

This is just my understanding, but I would recommend you call around to several smiths that you would like to build your rifle 1st.

You can ship directly to the builder and they can ship directly back to you. They will require a copy of your Form 1. The issue here is that it's at your brothers house. If he is out of state, the proper thing to do would be to have it transferred back to you. Now, I have been able to legally send myself my own rifles out of state for a class, and then send them back to myself without using an FFL. I'm not sure about the legality of your brother sending then kit to smith for you, and then having it sent back to you as a built weapon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:30:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: svtsupremecy] [#2]
The more I think about this, the more complicated it gets...so my apologies.

Yes, you're right, it is an SBR.
The Gun smith I have chosen is JBI armory in Texas. The gun is currently at my brothers in texas, which Is where I USED to live and where I had all the paperwork/trust/form1.
However,I am now flying for the military out of Washington state and was going to have the gun sent to me when completed...if possible. If that is not possible I will just have the gun shipped back to my brother and stored there (he is on the trust paperwork).

I appreciate the post/help

EDIT: please ignore the Florida in my profile...its a bit outdated
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If he's on the trust, then it's a non issue. Send away.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top