Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2015 9:29:54 PM EDT
Just curious, has anyone ever went that route? Instead of SBRing any UR they just threaded the end of the 16" barrel and added a comp or FH? Is there even enough meat on the bones to do so on the 545 or 223 ones?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#1]
there should be enough meat to thread one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know looking at mine I question if it is doable, but need to take it into my smith soon since I am ready to put in my paperwork now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it would look kinda weird with a uncut barrel threaded at the muzzle with a FH on it.

It would be easier to just slip on a fake can and would look better too
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#4]
That would be a waste of money to buy a UR and thread the 16" barrel end. You could do a CR FSB instead on a 16"FR series and achieve the same on a cheaper rilfe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#5]
How about cut and pin/weld a 14 x 1oh Bulgarian beer can on it! That would be pretty cool if you don't wanna sbr.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By ZEROTHOMAS:

Just curious, has anyone ever went that route? Instead of SBRing any UR they just threaded the end of the 16" barrel and added a comp or FH? Is there even enough meat on the bones to do so on the 545 or 223 ones?
View Quote
There is enough meat on the 5.45 guns.  When I SBR'd mine I threaded it 1/2x28.  The problem is that you won't get much shoulder.

It will also look ugly as hell and could cause barrel droop if you use a suppressor.

Here is mine with a direct thread suppressor:  

With an SBR you can use the gas block as a shoulder.

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top