Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/1/2015 7:40:03 PM EDT
I have an sbr krink that I had to put the sight post way left to sight in is there any way to properly fix this so its more centered?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Could be a number of factors.  Is this an Arsenal SLR-104UR?  If so, I purchased two of them and both had canted rear sights.  You cant fix the rear sight without drilling out the rivets, repositioning the sight, drilling and riveting it back together.  This was something I didn't want to do to a brand new rifle, so I returned them.

I just built a Bulgarian AKSU from a demilled parts kit and the FSB/GB is canted to the left.  So once again, the front sight post has to be pushed pretty far to the right in order to zero.  I could tap out the pins, press off the FSB/GB, reposition, and repin but I'm just going to leave it alone.  

I am super OCD and it took me a long time to accept that as long as the rifle can be zeroed not to worry about how centered the front sight post is.  I've seen tons of Bulgarian kits with canted parts, so it's part of their nature.

Turn the rifle upside down and see if the rifle rests at an angle.  If it does, see what part is causing it to position that way.  From my experience, it is normally the rear sight.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Had the same issue, rear sight base canted left.
I tapped out the pin on the hinge block and smacked the hinge block with a hard plastic hammer to the right. That straightened the rear sight out.
Put the pin back in without drilling and it stayed true.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Found out something interesting today. I added a Stormworks rail to the krink today . When I torqed it down it straightened the rear sight out more. Now its canted right, originally it was canted left and I shifted the base right to compensate. Now I have to go back to the left a little.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure how you would know it was the rear sight?
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top