Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2015 2:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: claytonjleclair]
STEP.1-get it inthe mail lol (the long exciting wait for THE dream item)

STEP.2-strip it naked.....completley naked

STEP.3-LET IT DRY OUT ......like its NOT going to be dry enough today so get over it !  

STEP.4-tape it off and rub it down with oil in a very romantic manner,let dry and shoot clear all over its face...show it whos boss!

cSTEP.5- LET IT DRY BEFORE SLIMING IT AGAIN! light rub down with 600+grit after 2nd coat. (rinse and repeat) Also come to the realization its made for a milled receiver and come up with a gypsy solution that you will regret later so it will fit-I used brass screws and filed the heads flat for a tight (less) abrasive fit

STEP.6-start a miserable strip down that you never should have started in the first place.... paint with epoxy...bake it...realize that you did a terrible job and do it all over again while swearing and neglecting friends and family.

STEP.7- Get it done quick as possible not caring anymore....use some cool camea filters so it looks fantastic to show off on forums and facebook so you can win the internet for a couple hours.....put it in the closet and think about what you can waste money on next ! ENJOY!

Link Posted: 8/11/2015 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I also have a source for a limited amount of these
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#2]
i think I liked it better black...

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:44:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
i think I liked it better black...

View Quote

I don't like them at all. One of the fugliest additions one can make to an AKSU, IMNSHO*.

*In My Not So Humble Opinion

Although, I will say that I think it looks a lot better in the natural wood like the OP has it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#4]
*elusive
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I apologize for my horrific spelling lol    yea I hated them too but one fell into my lap and I started to like it....so what the hell I threw it on.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Already selling it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#7]
ive got 2 of them lol   and im hungry for some other parts
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#8]
And all these years I thought those flashlight handguards were black plastic
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kisara:
And all these years I thought those flashlight handguards were black plastic
View Quote

Honestly, same! I wonder why they made them out of wood and not plastic now.

The end result looks great OP. What kind of light does it take?
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one of those. I just wish it was LED instead of incandescent.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I love it
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top