Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2015 1:45:35 AM EDT
I've been feeling a little impatient waiting on the transfer for my SLR104UR SBR to go through so I decided to jump into CAD and see what type of improvements I could possibly make to the rear sights.

This is what I came up with, the measurements are all correct and I think I got pretty much all of the details right. Let me know what you think:

A few notes:

I did widen the original leaf sight from 1 mm to 1.8mm and rounded the edges, other than that its pretty much an exact copy of the original. The "4-5" sight has been replaced with a 5mm (.197") diameter ghost ring sight. The very center of the ghost ring is at the exact point where the FSP would rest in the leaf sight, so theoretically they should be the same zero. I may have this sent off to a CNC and see how it works. The only measurement I'm not 100% on is the roll pin hole, I currently have it at 2.4mm however my calipers didn't fit as well as I had hoped. If anyone has a rear sight and roll pin laying around, I could really use a second check on it.

The only con I see from this design is that the very top of the ghost ring sight will probably peak above the protective wings on the dust cover.

If you have any ideas/advice/comments feel free speak up!
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you a mind reading wizard????? I was just scouring the internet trying to see if someone made this! I removed my rear sight last night and ground down the 5-6 about 3/4 of the way down so that i would have less obstruction with my forward mounted optic and still retain a flip up iron if i wanted it, and it works great. I would love to see the peep sight stay and the other just go away.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be in for 2 of those.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By naginata5:
Are you a mind reading wizard????? I was just scouring the internet trying to see if someone made this! I removed my rear sight last night and ground down the 5-6 about 3/4 of the way down so that i would have less obstruction with my forward mounted optic and still retain a flip up iron if i wanted it, and it works great. I would love to see the peep sight stay and the other just go away.
View Quote

I think this would be a pretty good idea. The long distance section of the sight is for what? 300 and 400 yards? I think that's a little ambitious considering these are krinks and were made for a CQB role. The first setting at 100/200 yards is pretty much the optimized setting. And most if not all krink owners usually run an optic.

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

I think this would be a pretty good idea. The long distance section of the sight is for what? 300 and 400 yards? I think that's a little ambitious considering these are krinks and were made for a CQB role. The first setting at 100/200 yards is pretty much the optimized setting. And most if not all krink owners usually run an optic.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Originally Posted By naginata5:

The reason why I kept the original leaf sights in there was to both maintain the original look with the leaf sights raised and to have a sight thats protected by the rear sight wings when flipped up. Although I could always change the leaf sight to a wide V sight or even another peep sight. The first could be a 3mm hole the second could be a 5mm hole or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks amazing! I'd be in for one too!  I know your pain as well as im waiting on my 107ur sbr paperwork too :(
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I wanted something like that ever since I saw the pics where a fellow had milled out the notch on an AK rear sight leaf and silver soldered in an AR peep. Im not  having any luck finding  the thread right now though.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm for two, my AKS-74U and then one built for a M92 PAP
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
I'm for two, my AKS-74U and then one built for a M92 PAP
View Quote

PAP please
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top