Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/27/2015 6:38:02 PM EDT
Does anyone sell a heat shield to fit inside the pap
Handguard ?

I can't even imagine a metal railed handguard dealing with the pap heat.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:28:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corpseknight] [#1]
I use stacked up sheets of up aluminum flashing from the roofing dept at the hardware store. Learned that trick back when I bought an HK-G3 pattern rifle with the skinny wood handguards. Beats shooting with oven mitts on.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Ideas?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By corpseknight:
I use stacked up sheets of up aluminum flashing from the roofing dept at the hardware store. Learned that trick back when I bought an HK-G3 pattern rifle with the skinny wood handguards. Beats shooting with oven mitts on.
View Quote

This right here. When I assembled my FrankenFAL, it had sheet metal handguards. I cut some aluminum flashing and bent and flexed it so that it touched at the front and rear but not in the middle. While not a perfect solution, I was at least able to make it through more than one magazine without breaking out the ChickenMitt.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont think anyone does, as others have suggested its a matter of making it on your own.  I had not tried flashing, will give that a shot myself.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DOG556:
Does anyone sell a heat shield to fit inside the pap
Handguard ?

I can't even imagine a metal railed handguard dealing with the pap heat.
View Quote

Manta covers for aluminum handguards. They stay nice and cool. Available for Picatinny and M-Lok.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top