BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 7:49:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nostradumbass]
Hey boys,
My OCD has kicked in again..... The aks-74u is by far my favorite firearm.  I own just one.  It's an 86 model Russian 74u SBR, with a bluejack barrel.  I've had it for a couple years and it's still unfired.  The thought process is to hand it down to my son, and so on.  
But I really want to shoot 3 gun with a 74u.  
Right now, I'm thinking of buying an arsenal SLR-104UR and SBR'ng it.  Problem is, the wife has went ballistic over me buying another gun when I haven't shot the first one.
Would it decrease the value exponentially if I just shoot my Russian rifle, or do you think I should buy another?  You know; one is none, and two is one....
I realize this isn't an easy question.....just wanting your thoughts.
Thanks!

Phil
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:13:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kanarrjl] [#1]
I know what I would do. I would remember this quote "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn."

I also don't buy nice things to only look at them. My wife purchased me a Bulova for my birthday 2 years ago and I wear it to work and during any outdoor activities (she has gotten angry with me over its condition). I believe that you can't enjoy a toy until you use it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
gotta shoot it man. At least to function check it.

Also, in the end, it's always going to be a parts kit rifle, so you're not going to affect the value in any way by shooting it IMO.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:

Also, in the end, it's always going to be a parts kit rifle, so you're not going to affect the value in any way by shooting it IMO.
View Quote
+1

Shoot the shit outta that thing.

Buy a factory SBR 104ur from Arsenal if you want to leave one unfired.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top