Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2014 5:37:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rkobalt]
My M92 top cover wobbles at the back where it interfaces with the button.  Since the irons are on the cover, it would seem that this is an important issue to fix for a useable firearm.

What are ways of fixing this, or reasons for it?  It almost seems as if the button on the recoil spring assembly isn't a proper fit and is too loose for the top cover.  As a test, I used my WASR spring assembly and while the button wasn't the correct fit (the shape and length is different), it kept the cover from moving unlike the M92's.

My rear sight block is somewhat crooked, if that makes a difference in this.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
How loose is the top cover? Elaborate more. Does it wobble around when you tilt the rife? Or can you move the top cover side to side with your hand? You could check the top cover in and make sure it is peened and secure.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it wobbles when I move the rifle.  It's tight up front at the hinge, but moves half a millimeter maybe more up-down and left-right where it locks up in the back, as if something is under or over sized.

The serial number scratched into the recoil assembly does not match the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The TWS cam will make it tight. I have the TWS top cover for my yugo rifle, and decided to try out the cam aka the rear recoil spring guide and it locked up the top cover tighter than the OEM part.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Your wobble seems typical for aks. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot it, and enjoy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By msanders84:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By msanders84:

Considering the iron sights sit on the cover, this isn't very trust-inspiring, though I understand the real world purpose of the PAP pistols (with an underfolding stock) is to be a short range weapon.

Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
The TWS cam will make it tight. I have the TWS top cover for my yugo rifle, and decided to try out the cam aka the rear recoil spring guide and it locked up the top cover tighter than the OEM part.

I actually have a spare TWS cover not being used right now and had thought of this.  At minimum, this could be a temporary fix until TWS releases their supposed M92 cover replacement that some are saying is on the way.  Otherwise, I'll order an extra from the TWS website since they now sell parts separately.

Thank you all for the responses.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Normal. It's not supposed to be a tack driver
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top