Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/2/2014 8:37:54 PM EDT
Have a 106ur that I'd like to put a T1 on and was thinking that either the MI railed handguard with the T1 upper or the Ultimak gastube would work well and still allow me to fold the stock for storage.

Has anyone tried these two and have opinions of pros/cons?

Also looks like I could try out a Magpul AFG2 on the MI rail. Looks like it may extend a 1/4" or so but shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I currently have an Aimpoint clone from Primary Arms on an old Mak 90 mounted on the Ultimak gas tube rail. It works perfectly. I put it on a half inch riser that allows me to see my irons underneath. I was really surprised how many people had kittehs about the riser. It works for me and keeps the top cover latch out of my fucking nose. Look at Ultimak's web sight for pics.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I know for a fact that the ultimak will cowitness. If that is a must for you, then I'd go that route.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
I know for a fact that the ultimak will cowitness. If that is a must for you, then I'd go that route.
View Quote

What handguard are you using with the ultimak?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the standard mounted on their now (black poly), but I also have a Krebs hg system that mounts up perfect with the ultimak. I will post pics this evening if interested.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
So from the few responses it seems that the Ultimak is prefered.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 4:46:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nathanleg] [#6]
I have a Krebs hg system that mounts up perfect with the ultimak.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought an ultimak that I will be putting a pa red dot on  next week, can't wait.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top