Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/25/2014 6:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx]
See title.  Are the hinge points  interchangeable?

EDIT: Also, since KVAR sells the Krinkov top cover and hinge block, which 7.62 trunnions will work with that combo?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx] [#2]
Roger that.

Can the required conversion hinge be acquired outside of a full kit?

EDIT:  Found it on KVAR.  My shopping cart there has gotten out of hand.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CKxx:
Roger that.

View Quote

Bear in mind that you will need to do some lathe work on the barrel in order to fit that new hinge block. The Yugo pattern carbines typically have large diameter barrels than others.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKxx] [#4]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

Bear in mind that you will need to do some lathe work on the barrel in order to fit that new hinge block. The Yugo pattern carbines typically have large diameter barrels than others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Roger that.

I stumbled upon a true gunsmith less than an hour away.  Seeing his work is what got me interested in doing a few AKs.  I'd imagine he will have no issue with the barrel work.

I picked up an M92 and wanted to have him install a triangle folder, and it slowly morphed into "I want a 7.62 Krinkov."  I've got nearly everything tracked down, but need to figure out which trunnion will work with that hinge block and top cover.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]

I stumbled upon a true gunsmith less than an hour away.  Seeing his work is what got me interested in doing a few AKs.  I'd imagine he will have no issue with the barrel work.

I picked up an M92 and wanted to have him install a triangle folder, and it slowly morphed into "I want a 7.62 Krinkov."  I've got nearly everything tracked down, but need to figure out which trunnion will work with that hinge block and top cover.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Roger that.

Any rear trunnion will work with the AKSu pattern rear hinge block and top cover. You'll just need to properly install the rear trunnion so the top cover will close into the trunnion "notch".
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again.

As I said, I had wanted to convert my M92, but I ended up buying so many parts I'll just build another gun.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top