Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2014 10:32:20 PM EDT
I added a primary arms micro dot to my M92 SBR.  The sight looks like it's sitting high, but I've noticed this is a pretty common setup, however, I couldn't adjust the dot low enough to compensate for it's high position on the rifle.  

Anyone have any tips?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Alcoholicaust:
I added a primary arms micro dot to my M92 SBR.  The sight looks like it's sitting high, but I've noticed this is a pretty common setup, however, I couldn't adjust the dot low enough to compensate for it's high position on the rifle.  

Anyone have any tips?
View Quote

Are you unable to sight it in, or are you trying to line the dot up with the front sight post?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vault_Boy:

Are you unable to sight it in, or are you trying to line the dot up with the front sight post?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Anyone have any tips?

Just zero the dot. It's too high to co-witness.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

Anyone have any tips?

You can't get an absolute co-witness. Lower 1/3rd only.
Just take it out shooting & zero the red dot.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Anyone have any tips?

I'm not trying to co witness. It's too high to co-witness.

I took it out shooting and the groups were insanely low. Ii adjusted the dot as far down as it could go and the groups were still low.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]

I took it out shooting and the groups were insanely low. Ii adjusted the dot as far down as it could go and the groups were still low.
View Quote

Gotcha. How does the rifle shoot with irons? Did you have to file the front post down?
Otherwise contact Primary Arms. They have excellent customer service even on their house brand red dots.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Gotcha. How does the rifle shoot with irons? Did you have to file the front post down?
Otherwise contact Primary Arms. They have excellent customer service even on their house brand red dots.
View All Quotes

Iron sights are spot on. I think I'll call primary arms tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you have the red dot mounted. I have mine mounted on a MI handguard and I was able to zero it in pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
So upon further inspection... the dial continues to turn. It just hit a tough spot i guess...  All good.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Gun pics?

Review?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:05:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#10]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
Gun pics?

Review?
View Quote

Well, thanks for NOTHING!

The wife gave me $200 for my Bday, so I tossed in $100 of my own and got the same set up from MI.  Can't wait to try it out!
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top