Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2014 2:52:44 AM EDT
I'm not really digging the 4 inch or so booster/brake for some of the krinks out there. If you're going with a short barrel then having a long extending muzzle device isn't really taking advantage of it if you ask me. Is there a short brake out there that isn't to expensive?
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Check Manticore. The muzzle device is actually a booster, which may or may not be necessary for your M92. Most likely not since they came in without them installed. In FA, the booster helps with cycling.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#2]
The Manticore NightBrake works phenomenally well and is about as short as it gets for the M92. I've used several others and none of them perform for me as well as the Manticore. Manticore
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I'll check them out.

I don't think it'll need a booster, at least I hope not. I just saw a youtube video of iraqivetran burning off 700 rounds and the pap looked good. I wonder how many thousand rounds would be needed to actually clog up a pap...
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The NightBrake does a pretty good job:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiEwU-MDTac
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
For those of you using the night brake, is the sound and blast concussion much greater than with nothing on the barrel....like they come from the factory?

I want the manticore one, but have had negative experiences with brakes on short barreled ARs in 5.56. Maybe that is sue to the cartridge.....I am not sure.
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:

For those of you using the night brake, is the sound and blast concussion much greater than with nothing on the barrel....like they come from the factory?

I want the manticore one, but have had negative experiences with brakes on short barreled ARs in 5.56. Maybe that is sue to the cartridge.....I am not sure.
View Quote

it's definitely a lot louder than no device at all. It's not overbearing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried out the NightBrake on my post sample PAP and am quite impressed with it. It is still what I keep on the rifle.

We did a video of testing it and the NightShroud compared to the standard booster and just the bare muzzle.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with a 74 style brake on my 92. Makes me grin every shot.
http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=25794
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Key to the question was "short" muzzle brake. The '74 is anything but short.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
MI "flash hider".  It hardly hides flash on a 10" barrel, but it does make for quicker follow up shots and isn't concussive. Length is about the same as the

I made a quick comparison:
Bare muzzle:  loudest, snappiest recoil and concussion
Booster:  smoothest, less muzzle flip than bare muzzle, least concussion
MI flash hider:  least muzzle rise, less snappy recoil & concussion than bare muzzle.

I haven't tried the nightbrake yet, but intend to.  I have no doubts it's loud and flashy and works great.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:03:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Here you go OP:

Looks great on my PAP, keeps in line with the com blok look, and only $35!

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:

Here you go OP:

View Quote

Except that's a booster not a brake :)

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:

Here you go OP:

Except that's a booster not a brake :)

The booster acts as a brake. Where the cone tapers inward has the same function as a baffle. The only way to boost, is to slow some of the exiting gasses to create a back pressure.

Also, from the OP, it looks like he was more concerned with length than anything else.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#14]
they produce mega flash too, under that fireball is a M92 front sight/gas block and a manticore brake

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

FYI, you will get the same or larger flash without the NightBrake mounted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Originally Posted By MAKAK47:
they produce mega flash too, under that fireball is a M92 front sight/gas block and a manticore brake

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p224/MAKAK47/PAPfireball_zps0886071f.png

FYI, you will get the same or larger flash without the NightBrake mounted.

It just won't look as cool without it , but ya, compared to the booster and no device, it does SERIOUS recoil reduction
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't know if you finalized your choice yet, but Manticore has added a new flash hider to their lineup of 26mm muzzle devices, the Eclipse

It does an amazing job of hiding the flash.

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Here you go OP:

http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=26484

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/oTeBqK" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5600/15019645823_33d113b606_b.jpg</a>
2014-10-27_12-54-27 by azoutdoorsman, on Flickr

View Quote

I have their standard and Shorty booster. I use them mainly for looks since I prefer to shoot my M92 with just the factory thread protector. The huge flash is most of the fun of owning and shooting this pistol!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#19]

CNC Warrior Compact BrakeBasically a US made "Zenit DTK2" clone
They'll be offering these in other thread patterns like M26x1.5LH for M85/M92 PAPs. AK Operators Union have nothing but positive reviews of the Zenit model, and these are around $30 cheaper
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top