Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/4/2011 9:02:13 AM EDT
Thinking about getting a krinkov for a range gun maybe some hog hunting in the future.

What are the accuracy on the M92 Yugo Krinkovs? (perm attached fake suppressor 16''?)

Can I expect 2 MOA?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Not likely to get 2moa out of a standard akm with 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#2]
you may get minut of pie plate out of a krink, but they sure are fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Based on my experience you will not get 2" MOA from a krink. Mine is just like others have said, minute of a large pie plate. But I attribute some of that to the short sight radius and bad eyes.

Fun as heck to shoot though, always draws a crowd.......and range nazis.

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
3-4 in at 100 benched
Link Posted: 4/8/2011 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#5]
My yugo w/ an aimpoint M4 is around 3" or so @ 100. It doesn't take much wiggle to pull a small bullet 2-3". They are not tack drivers and they were never built to be. Get one and pass it on to your kids.
Link Posted: 4/9/2011 6:28:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I found practical accuracy quite good with the T-1 mounted.
It's not so much about groups, but rapid fire effectiveness/useability.
Here is a 50 yard very rapid fire group, prone, resting on shooting bag, 30 rounds  Iraqi surplus.
I find the Krink M-92 easier to shoot fast than my Arsenal A1R (Aimpoint M2), it has less recoil and is easier to keep the dot on target.
My suppressed MRP 10.5" SBR is better, but not by much.

Link Posted: 4/9/2011 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
My Yugo M-92 will hit 3" groups at 100 with Yugoslavian surplus ammo. When I go to Wolf or other Brands the accuracy deteriorates to 4-6". I have a close friend that was utterly amazed at the accuracy of it.
Mush better the Bulgy AK74U

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
On Sunday I was regularly hitting an 8" steel plate out to about 110-115 yards. I was using a duffle bag as a support while prone. I was using Russian 7n6 ammo. I did some comparative tests with Tula's 545 hollow point ammunition and my gun did not like it very much. It's a 60 grain hollow point and it could not hit as accurately as the 7n6. I would like to set a bench out next time, lock the gun down and try again. I would also like to try the fmj and the Hornady ammo out and see if there is a difference. I feel these guns are plenty accurate for what they are. However, I can't explain the less frequent hits with the Tula ammunition. Still could of been user error.

My setup: Krebs quad rail and an aimpoint comp m2, 2moa.

One side note: when I put a bipod on the rail and was shooting at that distance I think it was messing with the barrels harmonics and I was less likely to get repeat hits. I also wasn't grouping them well. I would also like to try an adjustable trigger, something of the 2-stage variety and see if that helps.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#9]
the 7.62x39 round is perfect for hog, even in a krink. Where I go we're bushwacking, so no long shots anyway.

I am completely satisfied with the accuracy of mine, however it's 5.45....
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I can do 6" 100yd groups with my SLR107UR/Aimpoint Micro T1 all day with cheap ULY ammo.  Before the Aimpoint I grouped more like a foot.  

I recently had a chance to try it at 300 yards and was hitting a 18"x22" steel plate 25 out of 30 rounds every mag.  I totally RE-fell in love with the gun!!!

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top