Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2015 9:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kested]
Went to the SAR show today and scored a Steyr...
Pretty clean outside and super clean inside.. One mag and I had to find the sling.
</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Sexy.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice, what did it set you back?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:51:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kested] [#3]
Paid under $1000.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#5]
A steyr imported Maadi?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ZedsDeadBaby:
A steyr imported Maadi?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]
If you aren't pulling our legs - well bought and congratulations!
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#9]
No joke, I was floored when he told me how much. I asked why he was selling it and he said all his stuff had been in storage for a few years and just needed to move them.
I will put up better pics later..
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Outstanding - IIRC several recent sales on GB have touched $3,000 if not exceeded it.  I haven't seen this one posted over at AKFiles but if you want to make some fellows grunt post pics over there - they could probably fill you in on recent sale amounts better than I as well.

I look forward to the pics sir.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice score!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice score. Love to find one cheap. I’ve only seen one to two I think ak with Steyr import marking and wanted it thought odd at the time had no idea what I was looking at back then. I only can think of now if I only known then more about them lol. I know I sent couple back 20 plus years ago. I seen none since was glad to get ahold of one I got today as it’s oldest version I seen in long time. I never liked the Romanian maadi ones that’s one I would see mostly and would not pay more for them back then they was double a romanian ak.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:50:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imarangemaster] [#13]
Yep, that was a good score. I won't say how much I got my MISR Semi Auto for, but lets just say it was absolutely one of the best gun deals I have ever tripped across!  Granted it was completely disassembled (to the smallest parts), filthy and greasy in bags, in a box with the barrel receiver when I bought it.  It was a crap shoot but I got lucky...  I only had to add a muzzle nut, and replace the gas tube and upper handguard spring when I cleaned it up and built it.

Out of the 9 or 10 AKs I have had since the mid-80s (1 Poly-Tech, two Yugo M70s, 2 Romy WASRs, a Hungarian under folder, and 4 assorted restored Saiga's), my MAADI is my second favorite. My first, a Poly Tech type 56 spiker that I had for 15 years before I foolishly sold it when I went out on permanent disability from the Sheriff's Office, was my favorite.

My MAADI is just so AKish, FUGLY but functional in the extreme.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top