Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2015 1:59:08 PM EDT
I love the look of the fixed stock maadis. I'm newer to AKs. And for the life of me I cannot find any places selling maadis. Are they not imported anymore? Only ones I can find are private market and the prices are marked up so ridiculously Id never consider it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a set for sale on GB!!!

Tony
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered two from atlantic firearms.

Here's the link:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/egyptian-maadi-ak-47-fixed-stock-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajunkraut] [#3]
Originally Posted By GunsOfNavarone:
I love the look of the fixed stock maadis. I'm newer to AKs. And for the life of me I cannot find any places selling maadis. Are they not imported anymore? Only ones I can find are private market and the prices are marked up so ridiculously Id never consider it.
View Quote

You're correct.  Egyptian-built Maadis haven't been imported since the 90s, thus the market demand and premium prices.

To further muddy the water, there were a few different importers and configurations.  Barring a pre-ban Steyr (now exclusive to the collector's market), the most desirable post-ban versions are the Intrac or Pars ARM with the thumbhole stock and welded muzzle nut.  Prices between $700 - $800 are the norm these days.  After you add Egyptian military stocks, you're easily close to $1,000.  If you find one with the extra Y in the receiver, add a few hundred bucks more.  

The Atlantic versions are rebuilds from the demilled Egyptian parts kits that flooded the market for a few years.

The prices aren't likely to decrease on any of them.  Good luck, and keep us posted!

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top