Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 12:44:14 PM EDT
I asked what the receiver was marked,guy sent me the pic,I took that as meaning it was the first Century import Misr.I am now bieng told it is most likely a Misr90...which doesn't thrill me in the least.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=431016450#PIC

Only upside is I am going to remove the TWS rail top cover and use it on my Saiga and then sell the gun.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Seller confirmed barrel is marked Misr 90 and has vented gas tube.

That is what  get for jumping in without paying attention...I blame my poor eyesight.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Misr 90.  You can tell by the size of the FSB and the holes in the gas tube.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah,I just went by the pic of the receiver stamp,so didn't even look at the rest of the rifle.
Should have known since it basically looks like a MAK90...

Live and learn.

I am trying to make myself feel better by thinking if someone bothered to upgrade the rifle with G2 trigger and Parabellum rail top cover,it works.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:52:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: avatarhammer] [#4]
Well if you wanted an AKM pattern rifle -- you are hosed.

But if your looking for a decent shooter -- shoot it before you pass final judgement on it. Abomination? Well yes. Yes it is. But the one I have groups as good as any 7.62x39. And even though Century built it -- it runs 100%. Might be a good basis for a "Crapticool" build, if it runs reliably.

Edit: I take back the hosed part. 405 and free shipping, plus a TWS? I'd call it a possible win. No Tiger Blood, but you might be winning
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I ended up selling the rifle to a guy that didn't care what it was,I removed the TWS beforehand though so came out ahead.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I just traded a 2nd gen glock 22 for one of these misr-90's. It is built like a tank. Fit and finish is good. No mag wobble on any type of magazines I have metal or polymer. Sight post is straight. I just need to be ban it. Way better than my sar1 and wasr. Very pleased.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top