Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2014 7:06:21 PM EDT
It would seem the firing pin is seized in my bolt carrier I was told by a local gunsmith it's time for a new one. Anyone have sources for one or maybe one that will work?

I am not sure if it has to be maadi bolt are all ak bolt interchangble?
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 9:10:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#1]
The firing pin fits into the bolt, the bolt rides in the bolt carrier. A seized firing pin would have no impact or relation to the carrier. If you need a new Maadi bolt, you should be able to use an easily found Romanian(most likely to be inexpensive) bolt.

ETA- please post pics if possible of the bolt. You may be able to resurrect the bolt but, replacement is prob the easiest and least time consuming. Is it rusted, peened?
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#2]
i will try to get pics up today. Its been sitting at the gunsmith for a month with the bolt soaking in oil. I was told the firing pin may be bent or broke inside the bolt. In any case the pin wont come free from the bolt
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
If your gunsmith hasn't fixed this minor issue in a month, it's time to get your parts back.

There is one solid pin in the bolt that retains the firing pin. This pin should be able to be pressed or drilled out of the bolt if it is somehow buggered up.

I'd first put the bolt in the freezer overnight and see if you can get the pin to drift out when the metal contracts.

If it is rusted, I would get a cheap battery charger and rig up a reverse electrolysis system.

If all else fails, I'd go to Apex gun parts and get an East German bolt for $60

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1353
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top