Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2014 4:04:44 PM EDT
I got a Maadi during the klintoon ban, and it has the wood thumbhole stock that I want to replace with a folding one.

From what I've read, the Beryl or Tantal should fit without cutting off the tang.  Do these require holes to be drilled?  I'm just not sure...

Are there anything else I should be aware of before buying either one?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not use an Egyptian crutch folder?
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Farmer-Ted. A number of Egyptian kits came in the past few months and those appropriate crutch style folders are more available than they have been in the past. Well, at least they are for the moment.

I would strongly suggest that you NOT cut the tang. That will severely limit your options later.  If you can't find a crutch style, I suggest going for a Romanian lever or push button stock. Those may not be a nicely finished as the Pol or EG variants but, they are easier to mount and dismount without having to work with the shroud that is anchored by the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for the suggestions.  It seems the Egyptian ones a little harder to find, but I also did find Romanian ones.  Please PM any recommendations as to where to get either one as I've not been in the AK parts "scene" much lately, and would want to buy one from a reputable seller.

I'm not too into the "correct" build, but the "best for me" build. In that view, which stocks, besides the Egyptian one, would fit w/o mods?  Will a East German folder fit w/o mods?
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Might want to switch search engines, I did and found a few selling them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By movingalong:
Thanks guys for the suggestions.  It seems the Egyptian ones a little harder to find, but I also did find Romanian ones.  Please PM any recommendations as to where to get either one as I've not been in the AK parts "scene" much lately, and would want to buy one from a reputable seller.

I'm not too into the "correct" build, but the "best for me" build. In that view, which stocks, besides the Egyptian one, would fit w/o mods?  Will a East German folder fit w/o mods?
View Quote

Yes, the EG, tantal, beryl and romanian should all fit without any modifications.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Why not stick with a crutch folder. They actually work better than one might think.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top