Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2013 4:09:28 PM EDT
I'm looking at a MAADI imported by Pars.  It has a thumbhole stock.  How many US parts are necessary to legally convert it to AKM configuration?
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.  What I was planning on doing would make it legal.  G2 trigger and new furniture

How are the Pars imported MAADI's generally speaking?
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 3:30:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dferg10] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By molar:
Thanks for the link.  What I was planning on doing would make it legal.  G2 trigger and new furniture

How are the Pars imported MAADI's generally speaking?
View Quote

My PARS RML is excellent. One of my favorites. I bought it new in 93/94 and it has never had a single problem. I ended up going with Maadi wood, a black US made pistol grip from K-Var (1), Tapco G2 FCG (3), and US mag floor plates (1)  from CSSPECS. I also threaded the barrel and added a 1/2-20 RH CNC Warrior US slant brake (1).

US made AKM mag floor plates
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to put a Tapco trigger on mine.  I have an Intrac Maadi and it has the worst trigger of any of my AK's.  I will also put in a new US slant brake, and pistol grip.  I use US mags a lot too, so pretty sure this will be enough to 922r compliant.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I've a CAI MISR and I went with the FCG (3), grip (1) and at least 1 us mag part.  Love the rifle.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I think mine is from PARS, I love it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#7]
My Maadi ARM imported by ACC/Intrac with Egyptian parts kit from Atlantic Firearms.

Swapped out from Egyptian parts kit:
- top cover
- butt stock
- pistol grip
- upper/lower forearm
- recoil spring assembly
- bolt/piston assembly
- cleaning rod
- slant brake

Sling is Russian.

Then USA parts for compliance:
- slant brake
- mags floor-plate/follower
- fire-control

Rough and going to stay that way .............

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top