Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2013 1:08:02 PM EDT
I am doing a 922r conversion on my unfired Egyptian Maddi RPM. I am having trouble with getting the OEM wood off. I took 3 screws out of the thumbhole stock - one above the pistol grip and two through the tang in the back at the top of the receiver. I pounded on the stock, but it won't budge. Maybe it is a super-tight press-fit into the receiver, but after sitting in my heated safe for 17 years, you'd think it would be loosened up. Am I missing something, or do I just need a BFH? I also don't know how to get the wood off of the gas tube. The lower handguard is off, and the gas tube assy is off - there appears to be ears from a spring clip of some kind that hang over the underside edges of the upper handguard. I read somewhere that the wood rotates for removal, but I can't make it budge.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks - JayC
Link Posted: 3/7/2013 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Dont know if how I did it is acceptable proper procedure. But anyways, I pulled mine as much as I could after unscrewing the wood screws out. There that circular hole in the rear trunion. I used a wide flat headed screw driver wedges in there to gain leverage and pry/push the wood stock out. It only left a very very very minimal indentation in the wood its inside the receiver. You wouldnt even know now since I refinished the stock though. That was THE ONLY way mine was coming out was to wedge some thin strong, thin and flat in there to pry/push the stock out the back of the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
All done - whew, fitting the plastic was brutal:

JayC
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#3]
When I built my Egyptian AK, I put the rear trunnion in a little crooked and the tang wedged against one side of the stock groove making removal a PITA. I just use a flat head screwdriver and pry one side out. Sanding the sides of the stock where it enters the receiver also helps.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top