Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/19/2012 5:29:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bsczar1]
I just picked this up today for $640/$720 out the door. It's a MISR S/A imported by CAI (I know Intrac or PARS would've been better). I was going to buy a WASR 10/63 for $475~$500 OTD, but this one seemed much nicer. Did I make the right choice with this Maadi vs buying a WASR from Dunham's? It does seem to be in good shape, barrel is clean, sights straight, gas piston looks good.  

">
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes, beautiful rifle!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Megistopoda] [#2]
I'd take a Maadi over a WASR.  I have two RML Maadi's.  Granted I bought them each for $400 (one on the day of the Newtown murders and one several months after), but they are great rifles.  I have a lot of rural property and do a lot of walking on it.  It is typically one of the Maadi's that I have slung over my shoulder at any given time.  Mine each came with the thumbhole stocks which I've since changed out, one with egyptian stock and pistol grip and the other with Romanian.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Yours is fine.  Misr with all Egyptian parts.  The nasty ones had chicom parts.

Yours even has the original sling.  It looks like the hammer and trigger pins have been replaced.  Black paint can fix that.

It is only missing the threaded barrel and that can be fixed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Cnc warrior for threading device and brake and it'll be even better.

Congrats, I've been hoping to fall into one myself - if you look farther down the page you'll see my dad's but I'd like my own to spruce up and have been looking for one practically since I started that thread.

Good choice sir.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:11:53 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, you did well. My Misr looked just like it before it was transformed. A word of advice before you spend one red cent on threading the barrel. The ATF had importers take the factory threads down so a regular slant brake could not be installed. CNC sells a thread kit so a smaller slant brake can work. It was not possible on mine. Ended up selling the barrel and obtaining a Romanian barrel that was already factory threaded.
      So if you have a slant brake handy then try to put it on before proceeding with any threading. Just trying to save you some money.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top