Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2012 5:14:20 PM EDT
I have an Egyptian Maadi variant that I purchases new several years ago.  I haven't shot it much, but when I do it absolutely pounds the daylights out of my trigger finger.  I was told by one person that the sear was probably at fault and that when the trigger is pulled and it blows the bolt back it probably smacks the sear which causes a spring type of action, or rebound, to happen to the trigger and that is what is pounding my finger.  

My questions are:
1. Is this common with the Maadi, or the AK in general ?
2. What is needed to correct this?
3. Who can correct this for me if it is not just replacing a part without spending a fortune?
4. If a part is needed, where is a good place to get it and what part is needed?

Thank you for your time and help,
Jim
Wasilla, Alaska
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 11:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HatriXx] [#1]
Jim what you are experiencing is known as "trigger slap". It is common among AKs, and was especially common with some of the MAADI and ROMAK rifles.
It's an easy fix... just replace the trigger assembly with a TAPCO G2.

It's really easy to replace just follow this video and your problem is gone. Video Instructions
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your timely response.  I looked up the part you recommended and see that it comes in a single hook and a double hook variety, but I have no idea what this means.  What I have is a Maadi RML, made in 1994 ES 18565, if that makes any difference.  Should I get the single or double hook type?  They seem to be the same price, but I have no idea what the features of each might be.

Thanks again,
Jim
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]
MAADI rifles all had single hook assemblies as do all "Russian" type AK models. Double hook is only really common on Chinese and I believe early AK-47 varieties.
People will tell you that double is superior, but mine have all been single hooks and I have never had an issue. You can if you prefer take a dremel or file and open a second
notch on your receiver on the bottom to allow a double.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The G2 FCG cleared up the trigger slap on my Maadi RPM. The parts are pretty cheap, and it too me about 10 mins to put it in. The biggest POS with the job is the retaining spring, but that is solved with the retaining plate from Tapco.

Only real issue I ran into was that I had to get the trigger assembly out before I could get the safety out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Maadi RML long barrel I bought a long time ago. I havent shot it in a while but yeah the trigger slap is there. Thanks to this thread, i will be buying a Tapco kit for it ! The date on the manual that came with it is '94, imported by PARS. Thumbhole stock and ground off muzzle threads and all. It has a dark green cotton sling and an attached cleaning rod.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Taking a dremel to the disconnector tail to clear the trigger guard rivet works too for the budget conscious
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By avatarhammer:
Taking a dremel to the disconnector tail to clear the trigger guard rivet works too for the budget conscious
View Quote

I did this with a grinder and it worked well.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top