Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/9/2017 6:59:37 PM EDT
I'm finishing off a Saiga conversion and looking at either a slant brake or a 74 style brake.

Looking for function over making it look, "stock."

Any recommendations of one over another?

Thanks!

ETA my Saiga is 7.62x39
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends if your Saiga 7.62 or 5.45 I did same on my Saiga 7.62 and I went with slant style break.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I usually just do the 74 style myself. I have the tools to thread the barrel, but it's a lot easier just to do the 24mm FSB.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Good timing on your question OP, I'm looking to do the same but also considering the PWS J-TAC47.

Edit: From some quick reading last night it seems as though not all 74 style brakes are made the same and the inferior one's don't have the same effectiveness. Something to do with location of porting holes??
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want function do the 74 brake. It's also more correct for the rifle

With a 24x1.5 FSB you will have a lot more options in brakes than you will in 14x1
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top