Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/9/2017 11:02:24 AM EDT
Found a dusty old Saiga iz132 sitting in the corner of my local pawnshop. BNIB, dimpled receiver, round trunnion. Figured I'd better grab it while they can still be found.  I'd like to convert it to as close to a ak-103 style as I can get. The back half isn't a problem, I converted my s12 years ago, so I'll just grab a conversion kit from CSS and be good to go. The front is where I have questions. From what I have read, I need to junk the factory handguard, gas tube, gas chamber, and front sight/muzzle cover. What I'm not sure is what to get to replace them and where from. I've read that Bulgarian ak74 parts are what I need? Any help or direction would be appreciated. Thanks.  

P.s. I was going to post this over on the saiga forums but for some reason it won't let me create a new post.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk to @Nictra, he'll get you squared away
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
here ya go

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/152759_SAIGA-full-conversion-tutorial.html

you will have to source the parts here in the EE or in any of the other gun forums. Always available for questions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want to get as close as possible then you would need to source Russian parts and do a 5.5mm rear-end conversion.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top