Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/14/2017 4:22:43 PM EDT
I can't believe I'm considering spending close to 1k on one of these but I am. I noticed in Atlanticfirearms description of the Vepr ak47 it says there is a "Molot factory rivited bullet guide" they don't mention this in the 74's description. Does anybody have a 74 that can comfirm if there is or isn't. I assume there is but... I like the looks of this rifle, I always wanted a 74, I just want to be sure it's gtg out of the box. Also I've read the metal has some type of higher quality finish (unlike my Arsenal) but nobody stocks them around here for me to see. I'll be buying online. Somebody tell me how great and accurate they are and make me feel good about this please. Or maybe there are other quality 74s I don't know about (Id prefer NOT made in USA) I dont like aresenal, I don't want to do a conversion and Kvars $1400 converted Saiga in 5.45 is way out out of the question.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer your question specifically, but I can tell you on the multitudes of 5.45 SAIGAs I've converted, they did not "need" a bullet guide to feed properly from a standard magazine. I always used one in my conversions, well b/c that's what they do at the factory. Hopefully someone will reply with an answer for you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#2]
My 74 Vepr has one.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top