Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/12/2017 6:57:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see them offering different options.

Now if we can just get one with an RPK barrel.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting. I see that it doesn't have the hole on the selector side of the receiver. I wonder why they omitted it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, much rather see one with a triangle folder.  There has always been something about this Molot stock just doesn't look right to me.  I already have a couple VEPR's the only way I'm buying another is if they come out with a triangle folder and/or  a 14.5 pinned barrel version with 16.1' overall length(which will likely never happen).
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting. I see that it doesn't have the hole on the selector side of the receiver. I wonder why they omitted it?
View Quote

They're not present on the VEPR-12's either. Maybe it's a civilian production thing?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There has always been something about this Molot stock just doesn't look right to me.
View Quote

I love Veprs but that folder has always been a turn off for me too - factory correct or not I just don't care for it. I put a 5.5 on my Vepr12 instead of the Molot folder
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, I thought so too when I first saw it - ugly stock, no thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I love Veprs but that folder has always been a turn off for me too - factory correct or not I just don't care for it. I put a 5.5 on my Vepr12 instead of the Molot folder
View Quote

Was your 5.5 swap drop in or did it require rear trunion surgery? The release mechanism on this new VEPR looks like more is needed than just adding a front latch.

Gotta say adding some wood, FSB with hooks and a cleaning rod, along with a triangle folder would made this thing the very definition of baddass.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now if we can just get one with an RPK barrel.
View Quote

^^^ THIS ^^^
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:13:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Was your 5.5 swap drop in or did it require rear trunion surgery? The release mechanism on this new VEPR looks like more is needed than just adding a front latch.

Gotta say adding some wood, FSB with hooks and a cleaning rod, along with a triangle folder would made this thing the very definition of baddass.
View Quote

Requires receiver cutting and other mods to do it right. It eats up a lot of time compared to installing one on a Saiga 12 or Saiga rifle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was a fixed stock Vepr12 so had to be cut and modified for the 5.5 trunnion and stock. The Molot folder uses a different mechanism to fold and is not compatible with the Izhmash folders but I like you I wanted to be able to add the triangle folder in particular if the mood struck

Molot

Izhmash
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep, I thought so too when I first saw it - ugly stock, no thanks.
View Quote
Carolina shooters supply sells the M4 adapter for folding VEPR FM and VEPR 12. It works great and you have many options of stocks..... if you aren't into keeping it original Russian.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]
There is just something about those Vepr  folders that I do  not like !
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top