Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/23/2016 10:05:42 PM EDT
I am building my 7.62x54r veper into a svd dmr style. I have a 3-9 copy of Russian  svd  scope. Tgat was made in China.  I have the blach horse arsenal adjustable svd stock. I am waiting on the matching forend. So right now I have the factory forend on it.

So to day I went to the range to sight it in and get the feel of it. I  was shooting tula 147 gr ammo and some handloads with 30 caliber frangable bullets. I was shooting from a sandbag on a bench.

I sat the target 50 yards and first shot hit close to where I was aiming, so adjusted thhe scope a little with in a few shots I was just about where I wanted it.
All my shots where hitting very close to each other almost touching. With the tula ammo. With the frangable bullets they hit low and left but grouped the same as the tula.

This rifle really slings the spent brass. I had a ejected case fly over 10 feet and  hit a child in the face and left a bruse on his cheek. Bab and child where great about it though. I put the rifle away after that.

I have a feeling this is going to be a fun rifle to use just hope the scope holds up and retains the sero when I remove it to clean the rifle.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!

Sounds like great accuracy for an AK variant.  How do you like the scope?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like the scope. Just wish I could afford  a Tru svd scope
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top