Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2016 12:19:21 AM EDT
VEPR FM 7.62x39 11: how do I proceed in attaching standard surplus Russian wood Stock set ?
I have the squared off receiver and black plastic set, and really want to fit asurplus wood set.

The thicker barrel and trunion preclude a simple swap and Atlantic told me that their surplus standard wood set they sell  (butt, HG, gas tube) will not fit the VEPR.
Was hoping the butt and pistol grip at least would be straightforward... any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It can be done but not cheep.

They sell stock sets made to do what you want but you have to search for them.

Or you can try find a trunnion adapter  then you have to modify your lower forend to fit and need to buy an adapter for the front of the forend. The upper forend should slip over the vepr gas tube.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I was also wondering the same thing. Does anyone have pics of their fm ak47 11 with wood?
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
VEPR FM 7.62x39 11: how do I proceed in attaching standard surplus Russian wood Stock set ?
I have the squared off receiver and black plastic set, and really want to fit asurplus wood set.

The thicker barrel and trunion preclude a simple swap and Atlantic told me that their surplus standard wood set they sell  (butt, HG, gas tube) will not fit the VEPR.
Was hoping the butt and pistol grip at least would be straightforward... any suggestions ?
View Quote

Going to try Dinzag Arms parts to be then able to add standard AK handguards, cleaning rod, etc..!

This is a start :

http://www.dinzagarms.com/vepr/vepbor2.html

Bolt-On Lower Handguard Retainer

These are 100% steel! Aluminum loosens as the rifle heats up because it grows at a faster rate.

This bolt-on lower handguard retainer is for all calibers of the VEPR rifles. Installation of this retainer allows your rifle to accept regular AK lower handguards and cleaning rods. The handguard may need to be relieved to fit the larger barrel diameter of the rifle. Use of a modified AK gas tube (See AKGT2) will allow you to use an upper handguard. This part allows you to avoid having to press off the front sight block and gas block and not have to cut the locking lever notch in the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was also wondering the same thing. Does anyone have pics of their fm ak47 11 with wood?
View Quote

DiY:

I bought a Surplus Russian Stock set from Atlantic and it was the best $99 I ever spent.
Beautiful.

However, getting the Warsaw length, plastic US made buttstook off is near impossible so I will approach all of this with the Measure twice, BUY once philosophy.
Got the pistol grip on and happy with the modest start!

VEPR SPECIFIC:
Mathew from Ironworks emailed me back to say he soon will have VEPR specific stocks ready and on the Website.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I would use an RPK hand guard rather than cutting up an AKM handguard.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would use an RPK hand guard rather than cutting up an AKM handguard.
View Quote

Agreed 100%.

I don't mind the spend on the metal fabrications/adaptors but I cannot cut up or damage the historical and beautiful wood.
No way.

Great suggestion on RPK furniture.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Installed my ironwood design furniture today really happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:30:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Installed my ironwood design furniture today really happy with it.
http://i65.tinypic.com/90pms3.jpg
View Quote

Forend looks good. I wonder if ironwood would be capable of making a yugo style stock set for the vepr.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Very nice, I just purchased a FM VEPR today.  Great look with the wood stock set.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#12]
.    Very easy with dremel an patience  remove small amount of material at a time I just need to pick a color to finish it
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#13]

My 2 fm veprs
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top