Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/27/2016 3:38:59 AM EDT
I've got an offer to pick up a .308 VEPR with a 23" barrel.  I'm hoping to get into a heavy caliber at an affordable price (SCAR is out of my budget LOL) to do some mid-range shooting and once or twice a year compete in the "Heavy" division of Run n Gun matches (run 5-10 miles through the woods, carrying all your gear and ammo, engaging anywhere from 5-8 stages set up similar to a 3 Gun match).

Seller describes the VEPR as excellent condition, "square-back", and with type-2 sights in the gas block. I don't know much more about it yet and I'm completely new to the platform.  I'm hoping you fine arfcom folks can help me out with a couple questions.

• Can you see anything unusual about the rifle?

• What kind of questions should I be asking the seller?

• Any known quirks of this rifle I need to be aware of?

• Can you help me with an approximate valuation (no scope or rings included)

• I've heard these have fragile extractors and getting replacements is very hard and always expensive. Anything else?

Thanks!

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top