Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2016 12:47:19 PM EDT
I just purchased a FIME Group VEPR, new, chambered in .30-06. I've not seen these before so if any owners could chime in that would be appreciated. The vendor indicated the barrel IS threaded under the muzzle cap so this may be a future 922r project.

***UPDATE***

I took custody of the VEPR this evening with pics below. The muzzle is indeed threaded under a pinned thread cap. Plunger/detent are still intact. The BCG has a very angular shape. This is my first VEPR so this may be common. I did not expect it to have a 3-position adjustable gas block and I was not aware this was a feature on the VEPR rifles. Rifle is shipped with two, steel 5-round magazines, that seem to be finished in the same material as the rifle.  I haven't decided whether or not I'll "collect" this rifle or go ahead and convert it. I may leave the latter for the 7.62x54r VEPR I have on the radar for the next purchase.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh man. I would love to get one and rebarrel to .270.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Kool.  Pics?
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kool.  Pics?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Now with pics inside.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking rifle.  The Molot logo on the handguard is something new, hadn't seen that on previous imports.  Metal factory mags are a switch as well.

Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#6]
That handguard logo does look pretty neat.   I bet this caliber would appeal to some budget minded hunters who would have never thought of buying an AK type rifle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
adjustable gas... fucking cool.

I wonder what some folks who handload could get out of this.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top