Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/18/2016 3:26:27 AM EDT
Picked this one up at my LGS; Pretty much stock, except for the Krebs Custom Sights, along with two 5-round mags, four 10-round mags and two 12-round drums for $999.

Took me a while to get the gas piston cleaned up and the detent button on the gas block as no cooperating without some penetrating oil, but I got her cleaned up, drums loaded and stored.

She will get converted and i am thinking of an ACE stock and a US Palm grip, plus all the other required stuff; might hit up CSS up for the conversion kit, or if i can find someone that can do it for me, all the better.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 5:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice score, I haven't seen one of those in a while. And to think they used to be about 250 dollars in that configuration.

Sounds like you have a good plan for the conversion, but don't forget the allure of the 5.5mm side folder

Z
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice score, I haven't seen one of those in a while. And to think they used to be about 250 dollars in that configuration.

Sounds like you have a good plan for the conversion, but don't forget the allure of the 5.5mm side folder

Z
View Quote

Iwould love to convert my Bulgy SLR105 to a side-folder with a Russian AK-100 series stock; but for now, I want to focus on getting this shotgun properly converted.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
you can easily do the conversion yourself, don't need to send it off to do that simple thing. there are tutorials on YOUTUBE that makes it easy for anyone to do  

instead of spending money on a "kit", I just I re-used he original  hammer,  disconnector and trigger guard.  as for the trigger, it uses a standard AK trigger, I  kept those trigger groups  from a parts kit I bought ages ago, so I just a AK trigger from  that.

. before the "922r police" jump in, I installed  enough US parts, (handguard, pistol grip , stock and use US  mag)   to be compliant with that silly rule. I then cut the barrel down and made it a SBS

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/SAIGA_12_SBS_13inch_BARREL1.JPG
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Put in an order through CSS for a KVAR hand guard and their 6 position gas regulator set, hopefully, this will help me shoot more types of shells on my Saiga. Once i get those in, then I will start focusing on the conversion process.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
A gas regulator will not add any gas to the system. If it doesn't cycle bird shot with the factory plug on setting 2 it will likely need broken in. Its also possible that its undergassed from the factory. You can check the gas port holes through the front of the gas block. Make sure the block isn't covering up the holes and that they are the correct size. If they are fine its just friction thats the problem.  The bottom of the bolt and carrier can be polished to smooth things out. Or you can just shoot a few hundred rounds of slugs and buckshot.
I recommend a booster puck first though. They let the gas push on the carrier a little longer. Thats all my S12 ever needed to cycle everything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I intentionally bought my Saiga 12 used from a member here so I knew it would run without a hitch.  It goes through every load I have tried in it like a fat kid goes through cake.

I swore I would sell it after picking up my two Vepr 12s, but I like it too much to part with it.  One of my favorite grouse guns.

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A gas regulator will not add any gas to the system. If it doesn't cycle bird shot with the factory plug on setting 2 it will likely need broken in. Its also possible that its undergassed from the factory. You can check the gas port holes through the front of the gas block. Make sure the block isn't covering up the holes and that they are the correct size. If they are fine its just friction thats the problem.  The bottom of the bolt and carrier can be polished to smooth things out. Or you can just shoot a few hundred rounds of slugs and buckshot.
I recommend a booster puck first though. They let the gas push on the carrier a little longer. Thats all my S12 ever needed to cycle everything.
View Quote

I actually purchased the kit from CSS, <<LINK HERE>>. Hopefully that will help with the ammunition.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#8]
My form 1 for my Saiga-12 should be here within a month.  

Right now, it's got a fixed stock, but I think a folding ACE is in the plan after I get it cut.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My form 1 for my Saiga-12 should be here within a month.  

Right now, it's got a fixed stock, but I think a folding ACE is in the plan after I get it cut.
View Quote

I'm planning to put an ACE side-folding stock once I get the rest of the parts to do the conversion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:43:53 AM EDT
[#10]
That thing has a little potential....

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That thing has a little potential....

http://i.imgur.com/HnspTqD.jpg?1

View Quote

You bastard. Now I want one.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I have that effect on people
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top