Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2016 1:20:18 PM EDT
Afternoon,

Got a 12" SBS VEPR 12.  The folding tube stock isn't my favorite.  Has anyone changed theirs out with a RPK-74M?
It'll cost my A$$, but I'm thinking it will be a more comfortable stock to handle the recoil against my cheek; and without that cheek rest sliding all around......

Let me know your thoughts,
Thanks boys!
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#1]
if you dremel mod the pocket on the cheek rest, it locks into the pin and stays in place

the main front mounting pin on the tube is blind so removal means you are drilling out the hinge casting

if you are going that far, there are replacement rear hinges with AR buffer tube mounts
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Same mechanism so it should drop right in I imagine.  I do think it might be shorter though as it primarily designed to be fired from the prone, I could be wrong about that though.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top