Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/13/2016 9:27:52 AM EDT

I have been in the market for a VEPR 308 for some time now. I have noticed that KVAR has started to carry them (in 2 barrel length models for the 308).  

I was hoping to find one with a threaded (capped and spot welded is fine) barrel.  Why are these so illusive now?

Y
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If the photo is correct at K-VAR, they look like the normal threaded barrels with a pinned cap.

Legionusa.com has them in stock as well for $839. They will remove the thread protector for $30.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Email them for more information.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the photo is correct at K-VAR, they look like the normal threaded barrels with a pinned cap.

Legionusa.com has them in stock as well for $839. They will remove the thread protector for $30.
View Quote

That price isn't bad at all.  I scored one a few years ago when they were imported (I think by Wolf Performance) and that was about the same price.  Added a few items on it including the .30 cal brake using an adapter. I had to remove the spot welded on thread protector but it was simply a 5 minutes job.

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought so as well, but then after emailing them I found out they are not.  I asked about the 308 only. (KVAR that is)

EDIT:  It does appear that the new ones at Legion are indeed threaded.  OOOh.. the out of stock Molot Vepr IV-E  in 308....
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top