Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/3/2016 6:57:10 PM EDT
I am the proud owner of a Krebs KTR-03V, almost identical to this one:

I want to replace the muzzle device shown above with something more appropriate to a Galil, so an AR-type FS or something similar, even if it needs to be longer than usual to keep it outside of SBR territory. There is one from YHM that would be very nice.

My problem is that the current device is permanently affixed to the barrel, which means that if/when I remove it, I better damn well know what I'm going to be replacing it with.

I will post the OD of the barrel when I get home, but does anyone know off-hand what some of my options would be?

It looks like it is a standard AK-74 brake with the adapter underneath, but I have no idea what the thread pitches would be, etc.

Unfortunately, no one at Krebs seems to remember how these were made, so...

So anyway, any help appreciated.

Thanks.

ETA: It belatedly occurs to me that if the brake is a standard AK-74 brake with a 24 x 1.5 thread, then chances are they used a standard adapter. Those go down to 14 x 1 LH, for which there are quite a few desireable options.

It can't have been THAT easy, could it?

ETAA: Barel OD at the base of the existing muzzle device is 21/32" (0.656"). I may be off a hair as I had to measure with a ruler since my calipers are kaput.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.

No idea as to the particulars.

I have seen a KTR03V done galil like, so it can be done.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 1:53:42 AM EDT
[#2]
There are 74 styled brakes that are threaded in 14x1 LH. I'd guess that's what Krebs would have used. But, KTR-03's are much more rare than Galils, why not just get a real Galil?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top