Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2015 11:28:11 PM EDT
I was looking at AKs at Cabelas today. The WASR AKs were $900 and $890.

But anyway, I saw what looked like a primitive dragunov. I asked for a closer look, and it had CAI 7.92 mm stamped on it. It looked very old. It had a scope on it with the symbol for radiation stamped into it. Odd. Cabelas wanted $1500 for it. What was it?
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yugo M76?

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It looked a lot like that, but no flash suppressor, much older looking scope and overall older looking, but I bet that's what it was. Is it worth $1500 ?
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
It is worth it if you are willing to pay that! (This has always been my philosophy).  I'm have not seen one in a while - pre-sandy hook. Local shop had one for either 899 or 1k I can't remember.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It looked a lot like that, but no flash suppressor
View Quote

On the M76, the FSB and flash suppressor are one piece.  Bubba would have to take a hacksaw to it to get it off and leave the FSB on.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought there were some Mitchell M76 builds that came in during the AWB, and as a result may have lacked the suppressor. May have been what you saw.

edit: nevermind I see you said it was a Century import. Dunno, but the only 8mm Mauser AK I know of is the M76, just as others said.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top