Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:04:01 PM EDT
I am the recipient of around 1500rds of 5.45 along with 8 or so of the nicer bakelite magazines, all for the most part for free.

I'd like to get a 545 chambered AK but am very lost with quality of the various models. I've consistently heard that Russian made AKs tend to be higher quality ones, and that Saigas tend to do very well.

I realize that the basic ones need converted for high capacity and the like, however I'm curious about something like this - http://www.southernshootersgunsandgear.com/product.century-arms-saiga-545x39-16-black-30-round-magazine

I'm unsure whether these would be something useful or not. I'm trying to stay under $600 with an AK and would PREFER to be able to easily mount a RDS on it, as I have on my npap and seen a good increase in my accuracy with it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me as long as the seller is GTG. Great guns!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good to me as long as the seller is GTG. Great guns!
View Quote

It was the cheapest but there's a few others with slightly higher prices.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't need another one but at that price it's tempting. I say go for it
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Any other opinions?
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been looking at these as well.
I thought these were brought in as factory Saigas and not touched by Century or anyone else.

No ?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been looking at these as well.
I thought these were brought in as factory Saigas and not touched by Century or anyone else.

No ?
View Quote

Could not have been brought in that way.

Bush (the 1st) import ban.  (922r)

Now Obama has import ban on all firearms from Russia because of Ukraine

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#7]
The actual product from CA seems to be fine from all reputable reports. Just stick with the converted imports. The US made AK they offer is garbage. Also, for what it's worth, their customer service / support is spotty at best. They have quite the track record.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top