Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:04:43 PM EDT
I have a Saiga/Izmash 20" I'm wanting to adapt to use AK mags. Where's the best place to get that little part. (Sorry, not a big AK guy so I don't remember all the terms)
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#2]
1st post has it. Please be sure of the type of guide you need based on your trunion. They come in two flavors.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help. You know it's funny...an AK mag will almost go in and it appears if I were to modify the mag release the AK mags would work. Honestly I  can't see where a bullet guide would come into play at all. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The bullet guide assists in guiding rounds up towards the chamber as they are stripped from the mag. Without it the bullet will hit the chamber face.

If your Saiga is 5.45x39 or 5.56, it MAY work without a bullet guide, but may also sometimes fail to feed the last couple rounds in the mag without one. 7.62x39 requires the bullet guide.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the help. You know it's funny...an AK mag will almost go in and it appears if I were to modify the mag release the AK mags would work. Honestly I  can't see where a bullet guide would come into play at all. What am I missing?
View Quote

You will still have to modify the magazine release to get the mag to lock in place. The bullet guide does what the name suggests and guides the bullets into the chamber.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I get it now.  Thanks so much for the help.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top