Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/24/2015 6:29:46 PM EDT
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the Saigas that were converted by RWC just right before the sanctions?

My LGS has one of the basic (no tactical rail, stock, etc) models with polymer 100 series furniture. Right away I see the BHO was left in tact, there are no bayonet lugs, no cleaning rod, no 24 mm front sight base.

Does anyone have better details on these? I saw an online review that praised it as being the best AK money can buy at $1000.

I'm most interested in the front end work; how far did they go? Is it bolt-on handgaurd retainers?

I'm also wondering about the bullet guide that was used for this conversion, and how it was installed.

Again this is an RWC IZ132S
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
At $1000?

Hell no. I would grab an SLR104 or 107 for that money.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I would too, but they are banned by name here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The RWC rear converted Saigas are good to go for less than $800. RWC  conversions usually have welded in the bullet guide because they farm out the conversions. The last batch of 500 rifles was done by ..................... DD!. None of mine have given me any trouble BUT dry feed about 30 rds thru it to make sure the weld  is holding.

You can go on You Tube to learn how to thread the muzzle end or pay a gun smith $150 to do that.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top