Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 10:43:39 PM EDT
Do u think this is a good deal or should I pass. A saiga 5.45x39 rifle that hasn't been converted for $429.00 brand new. I want to get it converted but your talking close to another 800-1000 more for someone to do the conversion.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:41:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Just do the conversion yourself.  $100, if that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Do it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Doing the conversion yourself is easy if you are only doing the back part (remove trigger guard and reinstall, remove and reinstall new FCG, install grip and stock, install bullet guide)

Front part does take little more since you may have to remove the front sight and gas block to install the front guard retainer.  You may need a hydralic press ($150)

If gunsmith wants to charge $800, he doesn't want the job.

It's about 4 hours work.

Go to youtube and watch some videos.  It' very easy.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Get it. Back end conversion and partial front end conversion using bolt on hand guard retainer are EZ. For $800 that better include a 100 series type folding stock, 24 mm front sight block, pull and replace GB,  standard front hand guard retainer, your choice of furniture, cleaning rod, AK74 brake, and refinishing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
last Saiga I bought was for $650 and that was cheaper than anywhere else at the time. Do it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I got laughed at a couple years ago when I paid $350 for a brand new Saiga 5.45.  I did a FULL conversion myself, including welding hole shut, duracoat finish, high end laminated wood stock set.  I have all of the equipment to press, weld, and convert.  I had about $725 total in the project.

Buy it at $429 ... or share the source if you don't because I would buy another one to convert.

Like others said you can do a back end conversion for around $100 yourself, it is easy to do.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top