Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/23/2015 12:36:51 AM EDT
I realize that the 7.62x39 Saiga IZ132 uses the AK103 bolt head and bolt carrier.  While the lugs on the Ak103 bolt head are 2mm wider (front to rear) and thus stronger, the bolt stem is positively puny!  Considering how robust the AKM system is, the thin stem bolt head stem seems like a giant step backwards.  Has anyone ever heard of a Saiga/AK103 bolt head breaking????
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I never have, and to be honest never expect to. They've been using this design for quite some time now. I also doubt our semi-auto rifles ever experience the abuse the military would put one of these through.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I would think that there have probably been some metallurgy advancements as well so less steel is needed for some parts.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have approx 4000 rounds through mine and the
bolt is doing fine. I have never heard of a bolt
breaking in a 7.62 x 39. But I'm sure they have.

Let's see if any ARFCOM members have broke
a Saiga bolt.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top