Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2015 8:46:47 PM EDT
I have a Izhmash ak74 parts kit built up on a nodak spud reciever. I'm trying to properly identify the parts kits with the right nomenclature so I can sell accordingly. When someone says "numbers matching" where are the numbers, so I can verify? Can the year be identified from the serial? When I search Izhmash i get a lot of saiga Izhmash, is Izhmash always saiga? Thanks for any and all ID help. (I also have all the factory plum furniture and front brake that will cover the direct thread on barrel-done for Surefire brake and can)

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
IZ guns should have the full # on the receiver, then they have the last 3 digits of that number on the bolt carrier, and front trunion.  There might be one on the bbl and/or top cover as well, I just can't remember off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
at a minimum, you have an 1988 Izzy trunnion and bolt carrier. FSB looks like a Saiga to me, unless it was modified.

Bolt should have some #'s on it too maybe. I know my bulgarians do. How about pics of the gas block and FSB?

To be honest, those who will be most impressed with your rifle being an 88 Izzy will be purists. I kinda dig your rifle though.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice rifle but I wouldn't consider it a matching numbers kit. For 88 Izzy purists this build is probably the opposite direction to go...most of the 88 coolness is gone and you have basically just a few parts made by Izhmash on a Nodak receiver. To me that's basically just a kit gun...neither factory nor a collector build (which is the real appeal of the 88 kits anyway)

What barrel did you use?

A Saiga is almost completely factory other than conversion parts and they are especially valuable considering they have a factory CHF barrels.

Side note Saiga is the Izhmash brand name for civilian AK's. Vepr is Molot's civilian name.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
There's still the Izhmash front sight block that can go back on. This was done just so I could run Surefire can. And all the "tacticoolness" is bolt ons that can be swapped for the plum furniture I have (I kept it bolt on to be able to revert back). The trunion is serialized, the bolt, and carrier. Buncha other parts have the triangles on them. The barrel is what a country US made. So non Izhmash would be reciever and barrel.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top