Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 11:45:51 AM EDT
With the current ban in effect by "I've got a pen and a phone", I think all Russian marked AK's will
be increasing in value?  "He'" has over two years left in office and there is no guarantee that the
new president will veto the order banning Russian armament to the U.S.  What do you AK experts
and professors think?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no AK pro.... but the ban on Chinese AK's never went away....I dont know if the Chinese AK's were banned in the same fashion that Russian AK's were banned... but banned they remain.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
With the current ban in effect by "I've got a pen and a phone", I think all Russian marked AK's will
be increasing in value?  "He'" has over two years left in office and there is no guarantee that the
new president will veto the order banning Russian armament to the U.S.  What do you AK experts
and professors think?
View Quote

well, the sanctions dont target all Russian AK's as you stated, but rather the Kalashnikov Concern which is a specific company.  Do some research and you'll find that another Russian company already bought KC (and will no doubt change the name) to get around the sanctions.  The reason this hasn't been more loudly advertized is because dealers right now are making a killing selling their russian guns for $200+ more than they were 4 months ago and they dont want to lose that extra $$ on their sales so they continue to push the line of 'these are our last russkies ever!'

It takes a long time for guns to ship from Russia by boat, get through US customs and finally get to a importer/dealer in the US. It might be another 6-9 months before the new guns with a different name come in but its gonna happen unless the obama admin. creates new sanctions.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, KC actually included multiple companies, specifically Izhmash (makers of the Saigas) and Molot (makers of the VEPRs).  But they should both be able to import from the 'new company'
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as the Dems are in power you can forget about Russian arms being imported.  Like the man said the ban on Chinese arms has never been lifted. The hysterical bed wetters want ALL AK's destroyed not just banned. If you are luky enough to have a few Saiga's or Vepr's you are sitting on future heirlooms.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, KC actually included multiple companies, specifically Izhmash (makers of the Saigas) and Molot (makers of the VEPRs). But they should both be able to import from the 'new company'
View Quote

If this happens I plan to grab several.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont know what the impact of so many saiga and Molot rifles already in country will have on the value of Izmash and Molot branded rifles... but new rifles with the old brands should be more valuable.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top