Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2014 6:57:56 PM EDT
I just picked up an NIB Saiga in .223 for $375. It came with one mag and I'm wondering what fits and what works?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
SGM mags will work with no mods. Weigers and Beryls will work with a bullet guide  and minor mods to the mags. You might check out the Saiga forum for more info.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Beryl - black, the clear ones crack. My Saiga .223 runs reliably with Beryls (the front side lips must be reduced to fit) without a bullet guide thousands of rounds through with maybe a handful of ftf. In addition to reducing the front lips I also slightly reduced the tab at the rear of the magwell. Some people remove it. I found taking it about 50% was sufficient for the mags to lock in tight.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top