Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/31/2014 8:18:58 AM EDT
I bought two saiga rifles a while ago at a gun show 350 each one it 7.62.39 and one 223. They have the shotgun looking stocks on them. I want to convert the 762 into a ak what do I need and is there a kit I can buy. I don't know much about aks more of an ar guy but have a lot respect for them. Also can I shoot 556 thought the 223 or is it a 223 only. Hope you guys can help.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I just did my conversion last night, bought the kit from www.carolinashooterssupply.com. Be careful tapping the hole for the piece to use a standard magazine, I applied too much force and broke the tap. It broke high enough for me to eventually remove it with pliers before grabbing a spare tap & starting a little slower.

There are some really good step by step videos on YouTube.

Also the bolt hold open spring is a pain but do-able with enough patience.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#4]
saiga conversion video

I liked this youtube video series for my conversion.  There are three total.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks look very easy. iam going to do it
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks look very easy. iam going to do it
View Quote

Have fun.

The videos I used were http://youtu.be/waj8aLz-xY4
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Great information...

Whats the major advantages in this conversion?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Restoring to have a pistol grip and getting rid of the see-saw trigger that they import them with mainly..

Middle of 'conversion'.. removing the bottom cover plate to expose the 'proper' trigger hole and grip nut location.

After some stuff..  

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top