Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/21/2014 2:06:42 PM EDT
So, I bought a Saiga 12.  The only reason I had any interest in these shotguns is because they are mag fed, and it allows me to keep capacity up while I keep size down.  This will be perfect for hunting and in my truck in case I spot the occasional pig running by.  The problem I'm having is there is very little info I can find for how and what to do when cutting down the barrel on a Saiga 12.  I'm looking go go as short as I can, but like several other AK's I've built, it's usually easier to cut just in front of the gas block, and not mess with relocating everything.  Is that the case?  Will I run into any cylcing issues reducing the dwell time that much?  Lastly, are there dies available to cut choke threads into the barrel?  I'd still like an adjustable choke even with a short barrel.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:39:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you can go down to 11 or so with out moving the gas block, but you will have to open the ports. I have an 8in done by tromix, it is cool and all but i wish i would have gotten a 10 in. The saiga12 forum should have some good info.

James
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you can go down to 11 or so with out moving the gas block, but you will have to open the ports. I have an 8in done by tromix, it is cool and all but i wish i would have gotten a 10 in. The saiga12 forum should have some good info.

James
View Quote

I assume for sound reasons?  I intend on only shooting this shotgun suppressed, I was looking at maybe a 4 or 6".  What's involved in that?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#3]
till need to move and rework gas for 11". Here is mine, I have contact info for evlblkwpnz on youtube who is well known for his sbs saigas.  He just opened his own shop.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah the 8 inch has a lot of concussion, but its still pretty cool. I have a 12.5 in barrel 870 that much nicer to shoot. I want to say I have seen someone post a 6in barreled Saiga 12, but I cant remember where.  It sounds like a cool idea though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The 6" saga is evlblkwpnz. Check his YouTube video on it. 100% reliable on Walmart buck.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top