User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Looks like he doesn't like the stock with irons...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]

That looks sweet, but i have to ask how much does your Vepr weigh in that configuration?

I ask because the V12 is already a bit heavy in stock form.Im guessing 12-13 lbs or so?

I may add a Micro RD at some point, but thats about it, as i would like to keep it as lean as possible.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got 2 12rd mags, threaded choke, brake, and the Vepr all shipping today.  Should be a great weekend :D
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That looks sweet, but i have to ask how much does your Vepr weigh in that configuration?
I ask because the V12 is already a bit heavy in stock form.Im guessing 12-13 lbs or so?
I may add a Micro RD at some point, but thats about it, as i would like to keep it as lean as possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its extremely heavy. Depending of usage I would take off light and laser.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've got 2 12rd mags, threaded choke, brake, and the Vepr all shipping today.  Should be a great weekend :D
View Quote

X-Mas in October.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

X-Mas in October.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

X-Mas in October.

Darn straight!  And better yet, Buds is across the river from me and the tracking number I got says it arrives at my FFL tomorrow  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I paid too much but I just put a veper 12 folder on layaway at the lgs. I got it and 2 12rnd mags for $1267. I just wanted it. So if I break the weld on the stock does that mean the gun isnt 922 compliant or something?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think I paid too much but I just put a veper 12 folder on layaway at the lgs. I got it and 2 12rnd mags for $1267. I just wanted it. So if I break the weld on the stock does that mean the gun isnt 922 compliant or something?
View Quote

That's not a bad price right now, I got the 23" with a fixed stock for 1357 shipped plus the FFL transfer fee.  As for 922r you will need 6 US made parts once you insert that 10rd magazine.  Luckily the 10rd mag counts as three due to the box, follower, and spring.  I know that the stock can count, but I don't know if modifying the original stock counts towards 922r as its still technically the stock stock.  Even if it does, you are still left with 2 parts, which a Tapco G2 trigger would do or a muzzle brake and choke would do as well.  It all depends on  how  you would like to setup your Vepr.  

Disclaimer:  My understanding of 922r is quite limited to the little bit of research I have done into a ridiculous and confusing piece of legislation.  You may want someone elses input on it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#9]
922r kicks in as soon as you break/cut the weld.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn phone induced double tap.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's not a bad price right now, I got the 23" with a fixed stock for 1357 shipped plus the FFL transfer fee.  As for 922r you will need 6 US made parts once you insert that 10rd magazine.  Luckily the 10rd mag counts as three due to the box, follower, and spring.  I know that the stock can count, but I don't know if modifying the original stock counts towards 922r as its still technically the stock stock.  Even if it does, you are still left with 2 parts, which a Tapco G2 trigger would do or a muzzle brake and choke would do as well.  It all depends on  how  you would like to setup your Vepr.  

Disclaimer:  My understanding of 922r is quite limited to the little bit of research I have done into a ridiculous and confusing piece of legislation.  You may want someone elses input on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

has to be American made parts, not modified in America

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#12]
when you cut the barrel to below 16 inches, you are "making" a short barreled shotgun

so making can involve stock removal

if you file, polish and cerocoat a triggergroup, did you "make" it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
when you cut the barrel to below 16 inches, you are "making" a short barreled shotgun

so making can involve stock removal

if you file, polish and cerocoat a triggergroup, did you "make" it?
View Quote

Shotguns are 18"

Rifles are 16"
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Got bored and decided to order an aluminum lower handguard from RFT for my Vepr 12 folder:  https://rapidfiretek.com/product/vepr-12-hand-guard-with-picatinny-rail/

Don't plan on mounting anything to the handguard (gonna remove the picatinny rail that comes on it), just looking for something different that feels good in the hand.  I think the shape of the RFT piece will be quite comfortable.

Gonna replace the factory ribbed upper handguard with a smooth one, I think it look better with the RFT lower.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:03:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got bored and decided to order an aluminum lower handguard from RFT for my Vepr 12 folder:  https://rapidfiretek.com/product/vepr-12-hand-guard-with-picatinny-rail/

Don't plan on mounting anything to the handguard (gonna remove the picatinny rail that comes on it), just looking for something different that feels good in the hand.  I think the shape of the RFT piece will be quite comfortable.

Gonna replace the factory ribbed upper handguard with a smooth one, I think it look better with the RFT lower.
View Quote

Interesting.Let use know how you like it when it arrives.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Thats a lot of money to spend to permanently take off one of the major features. The fact that it doesn't include an upper hand-guard replacement vexes me even more. I obviously went chaos quad rail and maybe if i were you i would too and just get rail covers.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Any word on cssspec. Magazines? Reviews...etc
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Thats a lot of money to spend to permanently take off one of the major features. The fact that it doesn't include an upper hand-guard replacement vexes me even more. I obviously went chaos quad rail and maybe if i were you i would too and just get rail covers.
View Quote

Money is not an issue.

Not interested in a quad rail.  I have no need to mount anything, don't need the additional weight of a quad, and the quad will be nowhere near as comfortable in the hand.

I did think on this before ordering, don't assume your needs and/or wants are the same as mine.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's my Vepr12 with 5.5mm SVDS style folder and my original S12 that was built as close as possible to the Saiga 12 Ver 030 which was not possible to own back in the day.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#20]
the csspec vepr 12 magazine functions perfectly
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Here's my Vepr12 with 5.5mm SVDS style folder and my original S12 that was built as close as possible to the Saiga 12 Ver 030 which was not possible to own back in the day.

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/VEPR12/Vepr12_Saiga12_Left01.JPG

View Quote

Nice choice with the RMR.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I finally got my muzzle brake in but I can't get it into alignment fully screwed on.  The only way to get it aligned the brake has close to 3/4 of another rotation left.  Also, now that I have the brake I am really wishing I had the shorter barrel version, but the 23" is all that I could find.  Once I get my brake issue resolved I'll get some range time and report back to you all since you all know how it works already :)
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I finally got my muzzle brake in but I can't get it into alignment fully screwed on.  The only way to get it aligned the brake has close to 3/4 of another rotation left.  Also, now that I have the brake I am really wishing I had the shorter barrel version, but the 23" is all that I could find.  Once I get my brake issue resolved I'll get some range time and report back to you all since you all know how it works already :)
View Quote

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/product_p/css-russian-locknut.htm

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

If I am not mistaken the brake came with a lock nut, I'll try it out and see if it works.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If I am not mistaken the brake came with a lock nut, I'll try it out and see if it works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brake works perfect with the locknut.I had to purchase it extra though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/VEPR12/Vepr12_Saiga12_Left01.JPG

View Quote

Very nice choice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Money is not an issue.
Not interested in a quad rail.  I have no need to mount anything, don't need the additional weight of a quad, and the quad will be nowhere near as comfortable in the hand.
I did think on this before ordering, don't assume your needs and/or wants are the same as mine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Money is not an issue.

Lol. Someones got their panties in wad. I guess you can't handle options. Also I am not criticizing your choice. Just because I did something different or would in your position doesnt mean your OPINION is wrong. You can do what you want to your gun. I welcome the differences.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Lol. Someones got their panties in wad. I guess you can't handle options. Also I am not criticizing your choice. Just because I did something different or would in your position doesnt mean your OPINION is wrong. You can do what you want to your gun. I welcome the differences.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Money is not an issue.

No anger here.  It's virtually impossible to convey tone and demeanor over the interwebs, but getting worked up on the net just doesn't happen to me.  I don't care enough to get angry about anything around here.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Installed it tonight.  Fits tight, damn tight.  

Comparing the pics on RFT's site with the ribbed upper handguard and my gun with the smooth upper, going smooth was a good call if I do say so myself.  Looks so much better with the smooth upper handguard versus the ribbed IMO.

Took the Picatinny rail off it as planned.  Currently don't have a use for it.

It is grouse season now, and this shotguns only purpose at the moment is to fill the game bag when called upon, which is often.

It is lightweight, and very comfortable to grip.  I'll spend a lot of time holding onto it while hunting, so comfort is a big thing with me.  Quite satisfied with it at this point.

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 3:29:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Comparing the pics on RFT's site with the ribbed upper handguard and my gun with the smooth upper, going smooth was a good call if I do say so myself.  Looks so much better with the smooth upper handguard versus the ribbed IMO.

It is grouse season now, and this shotguns only purpose at the moment is to fill the game bag when called upon, which is often.

It is lightweight, and very comfortable to grip.  I'll spend a lot of time holding onto it while hunting, so comfort is a big thing with me.  Quite satisfied with it at this point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice glad you like it and thanks for the review.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Using the brake nut I was able to get it locked in place nice and tight.

I just tore down, cleaned, and oiled the Vepr in preparation for tomorrow and I must say it is just as easy if not easier to tear down than my AR.  I like.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#32]
getting the bolt rotated to the right point to get the carrier to drop down
and slide foreward is kind of tricky
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:32:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I had some trouble with that,  took me a few minutes trying to get it in before I finally stopped and looked closer and stepped my way through the fit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I took the Vepr to my uncle's and put 50rds of Winchester SuperX target/game rounds through it.  Had two rounds that the bolt didn't completely close on despite the round being fed properly.  The SuperX ammo is a hair on the lower power side for break in rounds at 1325FPS.  Either way its running nice and smooth, was much easier to tear down and put back together this second time as well.  Also both my uncle and cousin really love it and want one now :D

My humble collection of Russian, Italian, & American firearms.  The Vepr 12 is up top with the SGM Threaded Full Choke, Bonesteel Arms Firestorm Brake, 2 10rd SGM Mags, 2 factory 5rd Mags.  The TZ-75 clone of a CZ-75 with its 2 factory 16rd mags.  Lastly the DPMS Oracle with Yankee Hill free float quad rail, Primary Arms 3x magnifier, Primary Arms red dot, Grip-Pod GPS-02, and 8 30rd magazines.

The Bonesteel Arms Firestorm brake.  The machining is quite sharp but its very very effective.  Putting 5 rounds down range as fast as I could the lift from each shot never brought the last round to even meet the top of the pattern from the first.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I took the Vepr to my uncle's and put 50rds of Winchester SuperX target/game rounds through it.  Had two rounds that the bolt didn't completely close on despite the round being fed properly.  The SuperX ammo is a hair on the lower power side for break in rounds at 1325FPS.  Either way its running nice and smooth, was much easier to tear down and put back together this second time as well.  Also both my uncle and cousin really love it and want one now :D

My humble collection of Russian, Italian, & American firearms.  The Vepr 12 is up top with the SGM Threaded Full Choke, Bonesteel Arms Firestorm Brake, 2 10rd SGM Mags, 2 factory 5rd Mags.  The TZ-75 clone of a CZ-75 with its 2 factory 16rd mags.  Lastly the DPMS Oracle with Yankee Hill free float quad rail, Primary Arms 3x magnifier, Primary Arms red dot, Grip-Pod GPS-02, and 8 30rd magazines.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3945/15322357388_6327c54d61_b.jpg

The Bonesteel Arms Firestorm brake.  The machining is quite sharp but its very very effective.  Putting 5 rounds down range as fast as I could the lift from each shot never brought the last round to even meet the top of the pattern from the first.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2946/15505882461_a403fbf179_b.jpg
View Quote

Looks like you have the 22" barreled version.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3945/15322357388_6327c54d61_b.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2946/15505882461_a403fbf179_b.jpg

Quite correct, its the only one I was able to find in stock anywhere.  I don't mind, I would suspect that the longer barrel in conjunction with the choke should be a bit better for 3 gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
getting the bolt rotated to the right point to get the carrier to drop down and slide foreward is kind of tricky
View Quote

I agree

I didn't have a problem the first couple of times, but then one time took me like 7 mins. A seriously WTF moment
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#38]
K-Var has Vepr 12s back in stock:  http://www.k-var.com/shop/VEPR-12.html

Centerfire as well:  http://www.centerfiresystems.com/VEPR-12FS.aspx

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Must not have been but a handful.

OOS
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

OOS
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OOS

Yup.  At least it gave some people who may have previously missed out the chance to enjoy the Vepr 12 goodness.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Legion has both 8 round and 10 round Molot Vepr 12 mags in stock right now.

$89- 8 round mags
https://www.legionusa.com/vepr-12-original-factory-8-round-magazine.html

$119-10 round mags
https://www.legionusa.com/vepr-shotgun-12-russian-10-round-factory-magazine.html

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#42]
up at classic...979.99 + shipping

VEPR 12 Classic
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
up at classic...979.99 + shipping

VEPR 12 Classic
View Quote

Assuming their site is correct, they have 59 in stock.  Wish I had been able to get this version at this price, have at them :)
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#44]
huh,

Updated Description Current 7/21/2014 - While our images reflect the old fixed / folding stock,  This is a new batch of rifles with  a solid tubular stock. Same length of pull and overall look as the previous firearms and butt stock itself is exactly the same. The only difference is  rather than the folding apparatus being pinned open and welded in place, these are built as a solid stock from the trunion back having never had a folding mechanism.  Frankly I like it better.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
huh,

Updated Description Current 7/21/2014 - While our images reflect the old fixed / folding stock,  This is a new batch of rifles with  a solid tubular stock. Same length of pull and overall look as the previous firearms and butt stock itself is exactly the same. The only difference is  rather than the folding apparatus being pinned open and welded in place, these are built as a solid stock from the trunion back having never had a folding mechanism.  Frankly I like it better.

View Quote

This was discussed over on the akfiles.Cant find the thread but if i remember correctly classic didnt know what the heck they had.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the heads up flyleaf!
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#47]
i wonder if these were guns that were imported with the batch with the junk wooden stocks
and someone cobbled together the fixed tubular stock State side
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
i wonder if these were guns that were imported with the batch with the junk wooden stocks and someone cobbled together the fixed tubular stock State side
View Quote

Thats what im thinking too.

I have seen some of the folding Vepr 12's recently with a washer or something like that covering the stock release latch.Its tack welded so you cant move the latch.

Of course dremel the weld, remove the washer and the latch works.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I have seen some of the folding Vepr 12's recently with a washer or something like that covering the stock release latch.Its tack welded so you cant move the latch.

View Quote

Those would be the Aquila Arms/Legion USA imports.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:11:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew i had seen them somewhere, thanks for the info.
Page / 4
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top