Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2014 6:26:23 PM EDT
I have a saiga ak47 in 7.62 and my barrel isn't threaded but I want a muzzle brake. do I have to remove the front site just to thread the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#1]
not usually, but if it is sleeved, you will need to cut the sleeve off. Some people have found threads under the sleeves, so you may be a lucky one. Post a pic and let's see what situation you have.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Use a pipe cutter to cut off the sleeve (It clamps on and then you spin it around the barrel a few times, tighten a little more, spin a few more times, until the sleeve just falls off) I got mine for under $10 at Lowe's.

If there are threads then you don't have to do anything else.  If you don't have threads (I didn't) this is a cheap and easy kit you can use to thread it:

http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=25145

I installed a Damage Industries comp that had to be timed, so I used a crush washer: http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=23291
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a saiga ak47 in 7.62 and my barrel isn't threaded but I want a muzzle brake. do I have to remove the front site just to thread the barrel?
View Quote

I had no problems doing it to my .223 version for a Phantom suppressor.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top