Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/21/2014 4:09:23 PM EDT
So, I've had a few Zastava's and a WASR before, but just picked up my first converted Saiga "AK" on the EE last week. I like to *think* I got a good deal, and it's a great little rifle, but it has a naked muzzle exit. Also, it doesn't appear threaded, so I'll have to take it to a Smitty for a little werkin'. I'd like to stick a "real" optic on it as well, and perhaps run an IR laser, which means a front rail.

What brake / hider should I get? I prefer a good balance instead of a pure brake.

What's the best handrail for a Saiga? The less machining the better, but if the best / better one(s) require professional machining, I'd rather do it right / once.

Thanks, and if this has been rehashed ad nauseum, just post links to existing thread(s) that cover this.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Really subjective answer to subjective questions but IMO the best FH/Brake combo is the Phantom. Works great at both. Handguard wise I really like the CSS AR HG
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really subjective answer to subjective questions but IMO the best FH/Brake combo is the Phantom. Works great at both. Handguard wise I really like the CSS AR HG
View Quote

LOL... I'm a big Phantom II fan, and was just on CSS earlier today looking at their rail options.

Great minds...  
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top